Like a lot of ladies my trouble areas lay south of the border…my thighs and hips! One of the most notoriously difficult areas to tone, they have always been a bone of contention for me for.
I mean seriously, who wants to be told they have child bearing hips in the sixth grade?? Not me! But along came Destiny’s Child and Beyonce totally changed the game. She proved you didn’t have to be pin thin and straight as an arrow to have a nice figure. Actually she proved that curves could even be celebrated.
I have been relatively healthy and physically active for about a decade, however, I have never conquered these pesky thighs of mine. So, armed with my Beyonce induced self-esteem I set out to have the best body I can have given my height and body type.
I put together this list of targeted thigh inner thigh exercises that really seem to be working for me. Good luck and I encourage everyone to share their fitness journey with me 🙂
- Sumo Squats – I like to use an eight pounds medicine ball for resistance with this move. 20 reps.
- Fire Hydrants – I use four pound (each leg) ankle weights for the remainder of the exercises. 20 reps each leg.
- Inner Thigh Lifts. 20 reps each leg.
- Skater Lunge. 20 reps each leg.
- Plie Squats. Keep the ankle weights and incorporate the medicine ball.
- Step-Ups – Keep the medicine ball and alternate arms when alternating legs. 30 reps each. A stepping stool similar to the one pictured is required.
- Curtsy Squats – Use free weighs, one for each hand. 30 reps.
- Basic Squats – You know the drill by now!
Don’t forget to drink water! I don’t forget, I agressively ignore it but I am working on that.